The app beta testing phase of mobile app development involves people (testers) installing and interacting with preproduction apps, providing critical feedback and identifying user experience problems.
This step is often over-looked as the process of getting these beta apps versions on users’ devices can be cumbersome because they are not yet ready for the public app store. This can lead app owners to limit testing to a handful of users, in many cases the same people who are developing the apps, which can lead to a low quality app that is not up to par in term of user experience.
Apperian makes testing easy by enabling app developers to easily distribute and manage iOS, Android and Windows beta apps for testing, collect crash logs, bug reports and user feedback.
App Beta Testing Platform Benefits
Manage mobile app beta testing at scale for 100s or 1,000s of users
- This Testflight alternative has no restrictions on the number or types of devices your apps can be tested on, including iOS, Android, or Windows.
- Broaden the testing community by including cross-section of employees as well as testers outside the organization, such as consumers, contractors and franchise employees.
- Make better product decisions through comparative testing of different build versions and with first-hand feedback from users.
- Tightly control which users have which apps and what versions for how long.
Achieve faster “time to market” for apps by iterating development cycles more quickly
- Compress the cycle time to conduct user acceptance testing with a self-serve model.
- Streamline app publishing process directly from your developer’s build tools, such as IBM Worklight, Appcelerator and more.
Improve overall app quality through continuous innovation
- Streamline feedback and bug reporting with built-in support to captures user feedback and suggestions.
- Enhance employee satisfaction through broad participation and feedback.