Enterprise App Store
An enterprise app store, or app catalog, is a critical part of making mobile work in the enterprise. It’s the place where employees should go to find approved or recommend apps for work.
However, don’t be fooled. The enterprise app store is just the tip of the iceberg. It takes a lot more logic and functionality behind the scenes to make them work well. Mobile apps follow a much different lifecycle than typical enterprise or web apps and they require mobile app management behind the scenes.
The Apperian Enterprise App Store has been widely recognized as the leading front-end available that is powered by a breadth and depth of capabilities behind it to manage every stage of the app lifecycle from onboarding, from app onboarding, inspecting, protecting, signing and deploying enterprise apps.
The Apperian Enterprise App Store displays perfectly on any iOS or Android phone or tablet or via HTML5 and because it’s a familiar experience to users, there is no training and app adoption is high.
Apperian’s enterprise app store provides:
- Custom-built apps, third party apps, links to recommended public apps, web clips, hybrid apps (web apps with a native app component), device profiles, email configuration profiles may all be stored in an app store
- Apps in the app store may contain screen shots, descriptions, user feedback and ratings, release notes
- App updates are distributed over-the-air with badge alerts for users. Update policies may also be applied to apps to force updates.
- Unified native app store experience for Android, iOS and Blackberry as well as a web-based HTML5 version
- The app store may be completely configured and branded with a customer’s logo and branding for a custom look
- Apps may be assigned to a specific role, such as “sales” so users only see the apps available to them
- Apple’s Volume Purchase Program (VPP) is supported so customers can buy and track bulk licenses for apps in the iTunes app store
- The app store is secured with a user name and password. Connection to an enterprise authentication server provides single sign on (SSO) for users.